Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Wind noise

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade
This is on the highway in the video below. We tried rolling the window up and down, opening and closing the door no luck. When we would go into a valley, where the wind was blocked the sound would go away. The other thing was as the road curved from the west bound direct curving to the north the sound went away.This weekend I found a long road with a cross wind, driving down the road with the wind coming from the passenger side no whistling up to 70mph. Turn around and drove down the road with the cross wind coming from the driver side and the whistling started at ~30mph and on increased volume as speed increase. Several runs same result. So it seems to be a Flute effect, there is a hole/gasket gap something around the window/windshield in front of the driver causing this. Our trip was 4 hrs and this whistling in the video was for 2+ hr, horrible!

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade
This is on the highway in the video below. We tried rolling the window up and down, opening and closing the door no luck. When we would go into a valley, where the wind was blocked the sound would go away. The other thing was as the road curved from the west bound direct curving to the north the sound went away.This weekend I found a long road with a cross wind, driving down the road with the wind coming from the passenger side no whistling up to 70mph. Turn around and drove down the road with the cross wind coming from the driver side and the whistling started at ~30mph and on increased volume as speed increase. Several runs same result. So it seems to be a Flute effect, there is a hole/gasket gap something around the window/windshield in front of the driver causing this. Our trip was 4 hrs and this whistling in the video was for 2+ hr, horrible!

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Calligraphy

that would drive me insane.

vic88

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ultimate
Regarding my issue with wind noise. Hyundai Canada adjusted the window travel in the driver's and passenger front windows. The wind noise issue has been resovled with wind noise evident in only the severe conditions.
There was also an issue with the foul smell in the car when the vehicle is hot. The issue was resolve by Hyundai Canada with the replacement of all seven head rests. No more foul smell. The issue was a breakdown of the foam inserts in the headrests as supplied by the original headrest maker.

Hyundai Palisade Posts